Every Fall Sandi and I buy as much local sweet Apple Cider as we can since apples have been found to have thousands upon thousands of antioxidants in the skin and flesh. plus the taste of cider is Nirvana. We also benefit from the abundant availability of fresh cranberries. They bogg me down, but that doesn't stop me. Their dark skin indicates powerful antioxidants and bladder protection, plus they taste so darned good. McCann's Oatmeal made with just water is boring so we use apple cider, cranberries or blueberries, sea salt, and chopped walnuts full of omega 3 prior to serving. The breakfast does not need sweetener and stands firmly by itself as a heart healthy, weight loosing, energy providing meal. Sneak some wheat germ in there and you can call it "Colon Pow". Fiber rules~
Here is the recipe:
- Irish Oatmeal, Steele Cut. None of the Quaker processed glucose.
- 4 cups of fresh Apple Cider
- Pinch of sea salt.
- Add one cup of oatmeal and stir well.
- Follow cooking instruction and place the fruit in 3/4 through the cooking process.
- Serve hot and top with a handfull of chopped walnuts. A real gastrointestinal food-gasm.
Post a Comment