One out of 100 unsuspecting Americans have Celiac Disease; a severe allergy to wheat gluten. Celiac disease can leave a person susceptible to many health problems. The American diet of dead, processed food contains way too much wheat gluten and corn.
This fibrous, gluten-free appetizer will please anyone with gluten & dairy allergies. No animal products are used, so our vegetarian viewers will be pleased.
• 2 cups cooked quinoa-high protein and fiber
• 1 batch gluten-free, dry pancake mix-just follow instructions and omit egg
• 3 Tbs. ground flaxseed meal to replace egg-fiber and omega 3 EFA’S
• 1 cup mashed, steamed sweet potato with skin-antioxidant
• 1 Tbs. tomato paste-Lycopene
• 1 Tbs. wheat-free soy sauce
• 1 tsp. dried basil leaf
• 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaf
• 1/2 tsp. ground cumin seed
• 1 tsp. ground coriander seed
• 1/2 tsp. paprika
• 1/2 tsp. raw garlic-cardiovascular health
• 4 Tbs. potato starch
• Sea salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut sweet potato into cubes and steam till fork tender; mash
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan on med. low
3. Blend all ingredients in a bowl or food processor
4. If you have time, chill the mixture for an hour or so before forming into patties, for a firmer patty.
5. Divide burger mix into 8 equal portions and form into 3 inch patties
6. Fry in a little oil on medium heat, 5 - 10 minutes each side, until browned and firm
• Note: Do not fiddle and flip your fritter till it’s brown on the down side or it will stick and break apart. Be patient; just like pancakes, wait for the bubbles to appear.
In a food processer blend: 1 Avocado, 1 tbs. chopped onion, a squeeze of lemon, 1 clove chopped garlic, 1 tsp. cumin, and ½ tsp. cayenne powder.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)