Saturday, November 10, 2007

Traditional Holiday Casserole Make-Over

This morning was my bi-weekly segment on CBS WISH TV Indianapolis. It is called, Eat Right, Now and has new sponsorship. In Indianapolis I'm the only local chef on TV performing healthy recipes and tips rather than the food that fertilizes disease. WISHTV.com/features/recipes

The local media has assigned me the moniker of 'health food' guru. It's no big deal. It's a result of committing to stand for something, and that is "Chef's are the Doctors of the Future" Suddenly the Cosmos began to open doors to print media and TV opportunities. Here is last weeks show on a vegetarian stew served inside a warm, hollowed out, baked pie pumpkin.

http://www.wishtv.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=1837087&h1=Chef%20Wendell%3A%20Stew%20In%20a%20Pumpkin%20Shell&vt1=v&at1=Food%20Recipe&d1=181400&LaunchPageAdTag=Food%20Recipe&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp%3FS%3D7204375&rnd=10249735

The on-air studio no longer uses camera men; they use computer robots and it's quite a switch. I use my podium as a celebrity Chef to assist earthlings from all walks of life with weight loss, heart disease, fybromyalgia, diabetes, and cancer prevention using God's Apothecary, Integrative treatments along with allopathic medicine. We need both. When I'm giving one of my many humorous motivational speeches, I tell the audience that I wouldn't be alive today if it weren't for beta blockers.

On today's 'Eat Right, Now' segment I prepared a light version of the traditional Broccoli and cheese Casserole substituting Galaxy International Shredded Cheddar cheese, Campbell's low sodium cream of mushroom soup, low-fat cottage cheese, chopped green onions, egg, whole wheat bread crumbs, and Smart Balance. I get lovingly sneaky and add wheat germ to keep the plumbing moving. Leave off the fatty, crunchy fried onions. I'll put the recipe up Monday. I'm not fond of Campbell's soups, so if you see Amy's brand or an organic selection, opt for that one. Most Campbell's soups contain the insidious poison, High Fructose Corn Syrup and off-the-charts sodium levels.
Peace, Love, and Understanding

No comments: