Friday, December 28, 2007

What Happened to the Hippocratic Oath?

Because of what they eat, India has the lowest rate of Alzheimer's in the world.

Unfortunately, prevention is not very popular in our modern system off health care. The idea of a patient healing themselves, threatens their ludicrous income.

I cannot recall how many allopathic physicians have ridiculed me at the mere suggestion instead of a processing liver irritating anti-inflammatory drugs over delicious turmeric and ginger. At home we put turmeric and fresh ginger in our food because of their scientifically proven ability to control inflammation. I tested it on myself, and it works.

Turmeric makes terrific Cuban style yellow rice. Make it with brown rice. OK? Toss in some well drained organic black beans. Many times when we could cure ourselves we scurry to a physician with a pill mentality.

Recently, a physician approached me and said , "Hey, did you know that trans-fats are bad?' A ,...duh., I told you ten years ago and you laughed at me. So go in the other room and make love to yourself.

If PCP's (Primary Care Physicians) had a more open mind and less ego, perhaps they could actually learn about the power of whole food, teach pro-active health care and develop a relationship with the patient.

Pills ravage peoples livers and lives. Recently, my liver and arthritis were both acting up. After a week of using turmeric in our food and hot Ginger Tea, I've had considerably reduced pain. What happened to "First, do no harm" that is stated in the Hippocratic oath ?

Peace,
Chef Wendell

No comments: