Monday, December 24, 2007

The Holiday Paradox

Merry Christmas to Everyone:

Here's a little paradox that we, ...er I, need to solve. Why is is that when the most sacred of all holidays come around, (Christmas, Hanukkah, Festivus, Kwanzaa, Easter, Thanksgiving, and New Years as examples) do we eat foods that we know are bad for our health and could contribute to a heart attack, obesity, diabetes, and only God knows what? Talk about Dissing your Creator.

"Lord Bless this food to the nourishment of our Holy Temple". It'll need blessing for your Earth Suit, which may not be used to such rich and forbidden foods we do not normally eat. We feel heavy after we indulge then get sickly and green. Sweets are my downfall. I still refuse to partake in any meat, cheese, cigarettes and cocktails. I did enought of that during the first half of my life.

Why do we,..er, I cave. I suppose that I can increase my aerobic time to one hour and eat an endless variety of fruit, vegetables, beans, and Quinoa for a week. For a week after the holidays drink lots of fresh ginger tea with turmeric and you'll assist that liver of yours that you trashed over the holidays. You'll fell so much more whole.

No one is perfect except our Lord who's birthday we celebrate. Do your best, just try not to make cheating a habit again. You can do it.

Merry Christmas
Chef Wendell

No comments: