Mouthfuls of explosive flavor wait in the highly nutritious Asian pasta dish that brims with protein and colorful fresh vegetables. Another veggie-licious way to enjoy and increase your intake of health-restoring vegetables. You’re doing great.
12 oz Barillo Plus spaghetti (or however much you think you need!
1/2 green/red/yellow pepper, julienned
1 carrot, shredded
1/2 cabbage (Napa or red. Depends on your preference)
1/2 onion, julienned
1/2 c organic peanut butter (Meijer carries a nice one)
1/4 c soy sauce
2 tbs. sesame oil
2tbs. Ground flax or Chia seed for FIBER
2 tbs. cider vinegar
2 tbs. Raw coconut oil
¼ cup coconut milk (Shake the cans contents vigorously before opening)
1 tsp. Sea salt
½ tsp. Pepper flakes
2 tbs. sesame seeds (toasted if you have time)
1 scallion, chopped
2 tbs. chopped peanuts
1. Set a large pot of water on to boil Add salt followed by the spaghetti; cook al dente according to package instructions.
2. Slice (julienne) all the vegetables. (Note: you can really put in any veg you like. It all works!)
3. Whisk together the peanut butter, soy, sesame oil, and vinegar. Taste it! You might want to add more of one ingredient depending on your personal preference.
4. Heat the oil in a medium pan to medium heat. Add vegetables, hot peppers, then salt and hot pepper.
5. Drain the pasta, reserving one cup of the cooking liquid. Add the vegetables and sauce to the pasta. Combine all the ingredients and add some of the reserved water or more coconut milk if the sauce is too thick.
7. Plate the dish and sprinkle with the chopped dry roasted peanuts and scallion.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Asian Noodles with Coconut Milk and Vegetables
Posted by Eat Right Now with Chef Wendell at 6:32 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment