Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Victory over Disease Requires Change

What exactly is an agent of change?

"someone who intentionally or indirectly causes or accelerates social, cultural or behavioral change

"...when I was at my peak weight of 246 pounds, super sizing my way to and from work, I didn't see any problem with my behavior. When I smoked 3 packs a day and washed away my stress with a variety of normal remedies" Josh Neimark 2008

It happened to me too. I smacked the wall in turn four just like Mario Andretti. My epiphiny: after a life threatening health event, people make positive sweeping changes to their diet and lifestyle. Death can be a real motivator.

In Josh's case, the changes were dramatic and visually obvious. He lost an amazing amount of weigh and overcame a mysterious ailement that was tearing him down. A battery of invasive tests at Mayo let him know that he was a very sick man, but the mecca of medicine was unable to help Josh. So, Josh took matters in his own hands and healed himself. For the rest of the story: http://www.joshneimark.blogspot.com/

We suddenly get very receptive regarding the care and maintenance our Holy Temple. We like to fool ourselves into thinking we are invincable. We are not invincable, but we are creations of the Universe, here to learn the miriculous virtues of our most prescious gift: the Holy Temple.

Being a good steward of your Earth Suit is paramount to enjoying life and the beauty of the Earth. Oh, yes. Because Josh lost so much weight, he gathered up all of his old clothing, went to the mission on a blisteringly cold day, and gave them away to the homeless. If you go to his web site, he taped the heart warming event for our enjoyment.

I am honored to be a friend of Josh Neimark

Chef Wendell

No comments: