1 tbs. lemon juice
2 ½ tbs. raw cashew or sunflower butter
Dash of cayenne pepper
1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
2 tsp. potato starch
½ tsp. onion powder
Dash of garlic powder
1/3 cup almond milk
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and gently heat.
- Stir frequently to avoid lumps and burning.
- Add extra yeast or potato flour if too runny or almond milk if too thick.
- Once the ‘sauce’ is as thick as you like, it’s ready to serve over enchiladas, pasta, vegetables, and nachos or for a cheese base for a baked casserole.
- We suggest not cooking it too long, however. Heat kills!